[openstack-dev] [Glare][TC] Application for inclusion of Glare in the list of official projects

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Jul 10 21:31:21 UTC 2017

On 07/10/2017 01:21 PM, Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Jul 10, 2017, at 5:06 AM, Mikhail Fedosin <mfedosin at gmail.com
> <mailto:mfedosin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Given all the advantages and features of Glare, I believe that it can
>> become the successful drop-in replacement.
>
> Can you clarify this? Let’s assume I have a decent-sized deployment
> running Glance. If I were to remove Glance and replace it with Glare,
> are you saying that nothing would break? Operators, users, scripts,
> SDKs, etc., would all work unchanged?

I also have this question. The glance API is one of the most fundamental
and basic APIs. You pretty much can't do anything useful on a cloud
without touching it.

That said - it's not like glare couldn't also do those things - but I'd
need to understand some real specifics about what a cloud switching from
glance to glare looks like to the end user.

Also, we have a new upload API designed for glance that took a LARGE
amount of wrangling to get consensus on. I'd also want to know what this
situation looks like in glare, if image upload in glare supports all of
the use-cases that we figured out image upload in glance needed to
support. AND - there are folks who want import-from which was removed
between glance v1 and v2. Does glare support something in this area?