[openstack-dev] git review -d + git rebase changing author?

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 00:31:10 UTC 2017

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 09:22:31 +0900, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> Yes, this is same case when we do fetch patch set using git checkout,
> i do not think its something to do with gite review -d.

Doing that shouldn't change the author, at least in my experience. I
constantly 'git fetch' or 'git review -d <change>' to fetch a patch,
update it, and push a new revision. When I do that, the author stays the
same but it shows me as the "Committer".

I have seen the behavior Matt describes happen to other people though
and I would guess it has something to do with the rebase. Though I feel
like I've also rebased other people's changes and it didn't change the
Author, it only changed the Committer to me.

-melanie