[openstack-dev] git review -d + git rebase changing author?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 23:24:39 UTC 2017

I don't have a strict recreate on this right now, but wanted to bring it
up in case others have seen it. I've done this unknowingly and seen it
happen to other changes, like:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/428241/7..8//COMMIT_MSG

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/327564/3..4//COMMIT_MSG

Where the author changes in the commit.

When I've seen this, I think it's because I'm doing some combination of:

1. git review -d
2. git rebase -i master
3. change something
4. git commit
5. git rebase --continue (if in the middle of a series)
6. git review

Something about the combination of the git review/rebase/commit changes
the author.

Again, I can try to recreate and come up with repeatable steps later,
but wanted to bring this up while I'm thinking about it again.

My versions:

user at ubuntu:~/git/nova$ git --version
git version 2.7.4
user at ubuntu:~/git/nova$ pip show git-review
Name: git-review
Version: 1.25.0

Matt