[openstack-dev] [all][tc] How to deal with confusion around "hosted projects"

Fei Long Wang feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jul 14 03:32:03 UTC 2017

I agree with Zane for most of the parts. But one thing I don't really
understand is, why OpenStack community is still confusing at the IaaS,
PaaS and SaaS, does the classification really mater at nowadays? Do we
really need a label/tag for OpenStack to limit it as an IaaS, PaaS or
SaaS? I never see AWS says it's an IaaS, PaaS or SaaS. Did Azure or
Google Cloud say that? I think they're just providing the service their
customer want.

Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙)
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Tel: +64-48032246
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington