[openstack-dev] [Vitrage] Collectd notification isn't shown on the Vitrage Graph

Mytnyk, VolodymyrX volodymyrx.mytnyk at intel.com
Thu Jul 6 14:18:56 UTC 2017

Hi All,

                We are trying to configure the collectd and Vitrage service to raise an alarm in the Vitrage and show the alarm on the graph if a VM interface goes down. The collectd & collectd_vitrage plugin have been configured to send the notification if the OvS interface connected to VM  goes down (using OvS events plugin). In our case, when interface goes down, the collectd event is sent to Vitrage and we're able to see it on the Alarm page. But we would like to show the alarm on the Entity Graph (highlighting the neutron port) but for some reason it doesn't work. The https://github.com/openstack/vitrage/blob/master/tools/load_generator/templates/vm_0.yaml template has been used as a base for our scenario (changing `zabbix` datasource to `collectd` in the file). Our collectd datasource configuration (collectd_conf.yaml) looks like this (tried both variants):

collectd:
- collectd_host: silpixa00399503/ovs_events/qvo818dd156-be
   type: neutron.port
   name: qvo818dd156-be

collectd:
- collectd_host: silpixa00399503/ovs_events/qvo818dd156-be
   type: nove.host
   name: silpixa00399503

Our setup configuration looks like this:

|HOST| ---->  |VM| ---> |NEUTRON.PORT|---> |NEUTRON.NETWOR|

Any help on the issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Volodymyr