[openstack-dev] deploy of a virtual environment

rosa.fernandez at estudiant.upc.edu rosa.fernandez at estudiant.upc.edu
Thu Jul 6 13:34:05 UTC 2017

My goal is install the OpenDaylight SFC features in OPNFV with the use
of no-ha_odl-l2_sfc_heat_ceilometer_scenario.yaml .

To perform a virtual deployment of an OPNFV SFC scenario on a single
host, my host (is  a virtual machine over Openstack) has the following
hardware requirements: 56GB RAM, 12VCPUs and 704 GB Disk.

After the installation of required packages, download the installer
source code and artifact, scenario preparation and the installation
procedures I acces to the Fuel (10.20.0.2) and make the following steps:

-	Networks ? Other ? select ?Public Gateway is Available? & unselect
?Assign public network to all nodes?.

-	Settings ? General ? Repositories ? Modify the following mirrors as follows:

ubuntu-main
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial main universe multiverse
ubuntu-updates
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial-updates main universe multiverse
ubuntu-security
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial-security main universe multiverse

-	Dashboard ? Provisioning only

(The provision of environment is successful)

-	Configure the ntp.conf file of each node by changing the line
(server 10.20.0.2 burst iburst) for (server ntp.ubuntu.com burst
iburst).

-	Dashboard ? Deployment only

Sometimes the deployment is successful but:

?	 Critical error appears in the controller logs ?keystone
middleware.auth token[-] unable to validate token: failed to fetch
token data from identity server?

?	Error in the fuel logs ?Node 2, task primary-openstack-controller,
manifest
/etc/puppet/modules/openstack_tasks/examples/openstack-controller/openstack-controller.pp, status:
stopped?

?	Error in the computes ?oslo_service.service[?] Error starting thread.?

?	Error in the fuel terminal of the kind ?haproxy[]:proxy mysqld has
no server available!?

?	Health Check unsuccessful.

If you can help me, I?ll be waiting for your response. Thank you very much.

Rosa.