[openstack-dev] [QA] Gate Jobs failing after patch for bug/1628016

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 16:42:16 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 3:25 PM White, Joshua L <joshua.l.white at intel.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>

> I would like to get your feedback on the gate jobs failing and how to
> alleviate the issue.
>

> The gate jobs are failing once the prefix is actually added for these
> tests jobs below:
>

> 1. *test_list_container_contents_with_path*
>

> Issue:
>
>     For some reason whoever coded this test hardcoded the file path and
> name ("Swift/TestObject").
>
>     Which means when the prefix is added instead of '<prefix>-TestObject'
> its '<prefix>-Swift/TestObject' resulting in the failure because the path
> is wrong.

Objects with slashes in their name are used to setup paths.
You could change the test so that it uses rand_name for the part after the
path only, e.g. Swift/<random>-TestObject, or you could change the params
to match the random path.

2. *test_list_container_contents_with_end_marker*

> Issue:
>
>     This test will only pass if the prefix begins with a capital letter.
> '<Prefix>' works but '<prefix>' fails

This is because the marker starts with "Z" which comes before any low case
letter in ascii order. You could change the end marker, or even better you
could build the end marker dynamically based on the prefix to make sure it
comes after the object name.

andrea