[openstack-dev] [stackalytics] how to remove obsoleted email address from one id

Yujun Zhang zhangyujun+zte at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 10:33:37 UTC 2017

Stackalytics cores:

I reported a bug on ownership of commits in stackalytics months ago[1]. It
seems to be caused by obsoleted email address in user default data.

In `user_processor`, it merges email addresses from `default_data.json` to
runtime storage[2]. It seems removing email address from user profile is
not possible.

*This will cause a statistic data error when user changes his launchpad id.*

My commits submitted with email address "zhang.yujunz at zte.com.cn" are now
updated to EasyStack instead of ZTE Corporation[3].

Below is the detailed analysis:

I modified my launchpad id from `zhangyujun` to `yujunz` and forced an
association of my email address "zhang.yujunz at zte.com.cn" to `yujunz` by
patching `default_data.json`[4].

Now I realized the association between `zhang.yujunz at zte.com.cn
<zhang.yujunz at zte.com.cn>` still exists in runtime storage. I found my
commits associated to `zhangyujun` and `yujunz` randomly even after trying
to rewrite the old user id[5]

So when another user registered with my old launchpad id[6], it started to
cause statistic chaos not only in user but also in company.

My questions is: *is there any way to remove the obsolete email address*?

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/stackalytics/+bug/1634020
[2]:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/stackalytics/tree/stackalytics/processor/user_processor.py#n99
[3]: