[openstack-dev] OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest January 21-27

Mike Perez mike at openstack.org
Sat Jan 28 01:01:15 UTC 2017

SuccessBot Says
===============
* dims [1] : Nova now has a python35 based CI job in check queue running
  Tempest tests (everything running on py35)
* markvoelker [2]: Newly published Foundation annual report starts off with
  interoperability right in the chairman's note [3]
*  Tell us yours via OpenStack IRC channels with message “#success <message>”
* All: [4]

Get Active in Upstream Training
===============================
* There is a continuous effort in helping newcomers join our community by
  organizing upstream contribution trainings [5][6] before every summit.
  - 1.5 - 2 days of hands-on steps of becoming an active OpenStack contributor.
* Like everything else, this is a community effort.
  - In preparation for the Boston summit and the upcoming PTG in Atlanta, we
    are looking for coaches and mentors to help us make the training better.
  - If you’re interested in helping contact:
    -- Ildiko Vancsa IRC freenode at ildikov or email [7]
    -- Kendall Nelson IRC freenode at diablo_rojo or email [8]
* Full thread: [9]

Project Team Gathering Coordination Tool
* No central scheduling, beyond assigned rooms to teams and days.
  - Each team arranges their time in their room.
  - List of etherpads [10]
* We still need centralized communication beyond each room:
  - An event IRC channel: ##openstack-ptg on free node IRC
    -- Do public service announcements
    -- Pings from room to room.
  - An EtherCalc spreadsheet powered dynamic schedule with extra rooms
    available:
    -- One fishbowl
    -- A few dark rooms with projectors and screens (not all will have a/v
    equipment due to budget).
    -- Infra is working on setting up EtherCalc
* Full thread: [11]

POST /api-wg/news
=================
* API Guidelines proposed for freeze:
  - Add guidelines on usage of state vs. status [12]
  - Clarify the status values in versions [13]
  - Add guideline for invalid query parameters [14]
* Guidelines currently under review:
  - Add guidelines for boolean names [15]
  - Define pagination guidelines [16]
  - Add API capabilities discovery guideline [17]
* Full thread: [18]

Lots of Teams Without PTL Candidates
====================================
* We are reaching close to the end of the PTL nominations (Jan 29, 2017 23:45
  UTC), but have projects that are leaderless:
* Community App Catalog
* Ec2 API
* Fuel
* Karbor