[openstack-dev] [neutron] PTL candidacy

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 18:08:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Kevin Benton <kevin at benton.pub> wrote:
> LBaaS is a little special since Octavia will have it's own API endpoint
> completely that they will evolve on their own. The other spun-out projects
> (e.g. VPNaaS) will have the API defined in neutron-lib[1].

In a way, VPNaaS is also special, because it's an out-of-stadium repo
that nevertheless brings its own full blown API definition. We will
need to sort that out.

I see that you suggest we should work on bringing VPNaaS back into the
stadium during Pike. While I am not confidant that it may happen in a
single cycle (there were plenty of issues with the repo identified
during latest stadium assessment), I agree that, assuming we want that
API to exist in the future, it makes sense to bring it back in.
Especially if in the future we want to programmatically enforce single
source of API truth.

Ihar