[openstack-dev] [osc][openstackclient][glance] broken image functional test

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 16:46:05 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Brian Rosmaita
<rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com> wrote:
> We've approved the revert to get the OSC unblocked, though it may be a
> while before jenkins gets around to processing it, as (of course) the
> gate is pretty busy now.

Thanks Brian.  This is our last week before the freeze and we're
trying to fix our own upstream-breakage before then.

> Even with sufficient caffeine, it's not obvious.  We didn't change the
> v1 API for this (translation for v1 is being handled in the registry),
> and the v1 test coverage is pretty good, so it looked like nothing was
> broken.  On a closer look, the relevant v1 tests for this particular
> problem check the response code, not the actual response content, so we
> will beef those up a bit.

I've proposed a couple of unit tests that appear to me to illustrate
what OSC's functional test found.  [0] runs on top of the revert, so
this is the 'before' check, and [1] runs with the community image
change and should show the v1 breakage.  As is often heard, "it's
working for me that way in DevStack" :)

dt

[0] https://review.openstack.org/423344
[1] https://review.openstack.org/423345