[openstack-dev] [keystone] 2017-1-11 policy meeting

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:28:02 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

In case you missed the policy meeting today, we had a good discussion [0]
around incorporating keystone's policy into code using the Nova approach.

Keystone is in a little bit of a unique position since we maintain two
different policy files [1] [2], and there were a lot of questions around
why we have two. This same topic came up in a recent keystone meeting, and
we wanted to loop Henry Nash into the conversation, since I believe he
spearheaded a lot of the original policy.v3cloudsample work.

Let's see if we can air out some of that tribal knowledge and answer a
couple questions.

What was the main initiative for introducing policy.v3cloudsample.json?

Is it possible to consolidate the two?

[0]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/policy/2017/policy.2017-01-11-16.00.log.html
[1]