[openstack-dev] 答复: [heat] glance v2 support?

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Jan 11 17:12:44 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Thomas Herve's message of 2017-01-11 08:50:19 +0100:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:41 PM, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Zane Bitter's message of 2017-01-10 15:28:04 -0500:
> >> location is a required property:
> >>
> >> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html#OS::Glance::Image
> >>
> >> The resource type literally does not do anything else but expose a Heat
> >> interface to a feature of Glance that no longer exists in v2. That's
> >> fundamentally why "add v2 support" has been stalled for so long ;)
> >>

> > I think most of this has been beating around the bush, and the statement
> > above is the heart of the issue.
> >
> > The functionality was restricted and mostly removed from Glance for a
> > reason. Heat users will have to face that reality just like users of
> > other orchestration systems have to.
> >
> > If a cloud has v1.. great.. take a location.. use it. If they have v2..
> > location explodes. If you want to get content in to that image, well,
> > other systems have to deal with this too. Ansible's os_image will upload
> > a local file to glance for instance. Terraform doesn't even include
> > image support.
> >
> > So the way to go is likely to just make location optional, and start
> > to use v2 when the catalog says to. From there, Heat can probably help
> > make the v2 API better, and perhaps add support to to the Heat API to
> > tell the user where they can upload blobs of data for Heat to then feed
> > into Glance.
>
> Making location optional doesn't really make sense. We don't have any
> mechanism in a template to upload data, so it would just create an
> empty shell that you can't use to boot instances from.
>
> I think this is going where I thought it would: let's not do anything.
> The image resource is there for v1 compatibility, but there is no
> point to have a v2 resource, at least right now.

Agreed, not much point w/o upload facilities.

So what about adding that to Heat's API? A way to tell the user "in
order to create your stack I'll need you to upload these data blobs"
would also be generically useful for any large data blob that resources
would want, such as swift files.