[openstack-dev] [tc][kolla] Adding new deliverables

Sam Yaple samuel at yaple.net
Wed Jan 4 23:59:16 UTC 2017

As the person purposing kolla-salt, I would like to weigh in. I like the
idea of option 2, I certainly feel the PTL should always be involved in
these things.

I would also agree with the pre-1.0 as dev/experimental so as to not be
tightly bound by rules for more stable and long term projects (like
backward compatibility) until after 1.0 is tagged. This would give the
flexibility for the project to reinvent itself as it grows.

What I do notice is lack of wording describing who would be committing to
work on the new deliverable, and I think that is important. It could be a
team of people wanting to work on it, or one person putting forth work for
a new deployment tool to use Kolla container and others joining in as they
see the potential of the project themselves. I would prefer to keep it that
way.

Thanks,
SamYaple

Sam Yaple