[openstack-dev] [nova] Pike PTG recap - cells

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Tue Feb 28 09:46:52 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 3:10 AM, Zhenyu Zheng
<zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> Thanks for the recap, it's a pity I cannot attend PTG due to personal
> reason, I will be willing to take the work you mentioned, and will
> check the details with you.
>
> And another thing, I don't know whether you guys discussed or not, I
> saw in [1] we are talking about adding tags field(and others of
> cause) to the instance notification
> payload, to be able to send during instance.create and
> instance.update. The fact is that currently we cannot add tags during
> boot, nor we send notifications when we
> add/update/delete tags latter(it is a direct DB change and no
> instance.update notification has been sent out), so for tags field,
> we have to wait for another instance.update
> action to get the latest info. And I have already tried to working on
> the boot thing[2] and already planned to work on the tag notification
> thing[3].
>
> So, are there any plans about those? Maybe it is OK to send out
> instance.update notification in tags actions once [1] got merged?

Hi,

The [1] was shortly discussed and agreed that it is high priority for
Pike. The basic things in that bp have code up for review [4] so we
have a good chance to merge it in early Pike. The BDM part of [1] needs
some data modeling work still.

I did an initial review round on [3] and left some question in the spec.

[4]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova+topic:bp/additional-notification-fields-for-searchlight

Cheers,
gibi