[openstack-dev] [nova] Pike PTG recap - cells

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 02:10:35 UTC 2017

Matt,

Thanks for the recap, it's a pity I cannot attend PTG due to personal
reason, I will be willing to take the work you mentioned, and will check
the details with you.

And another thing, I don't know whether you guys discussed or not, I saw in
[1] we are talking about adding tags field(and others of cause) to the
instance notification
payload, to be able to send during instance.create and instance.update. The
fact is that currently we cannot add tags during boot, nor we send
notifications when we
add/update/delete tags latter(it is a direct DB change and no
instance.update notification has been sent out), so for tags field, we have
to wait for another instance.update
action to get the latest info. And I have already tried to working on the
boot thing[2] and already planned to work on the tag notification thing[3].

So, are there any plans about those? Maybe it is OK to send out
instance.update notification in tags actions once [1] got merged?

Thanks,

Kevin Zheng

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/additional-notif
ication-fields-for-searchlight