[openstack-dev] [neutron] neutron-lib pep8 hacking checks

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 21:07:58 UTC 2017

If your project is or plans to use neutron-lib moving forward, please
read on.

At the PTG we discussed how to roll-out new hacking checks in
neutron-lib. In summary we decided to move forward using a single set of
hacking checks, as proposed by [1] (see 'doc/source/usage.rst' in that
patch for gory details).

The major implication is that sub-projects using neutron-lib's hacking
checks [2] will pick-up new checks as we release them to the lib.

This email serves as a heads-up and friendly reminder on that topic.

Please direct any technical discussion to the patch [1] so we can
capture it along with the implementation.

Thanks

[1] https://review.openstack.org/421484/
[2]
http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=local-check-factory%20%3D%20neutron_lib%5C.hacking%5C.checks.factory