[openstack-dev] [all][swg] per-project "Business only" moderated mailing lists

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:32:09 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 3:31 AM, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:
> This is not for users who only want to see some projects. That is a well
> understood space and the mailman filtering does handle it. This is for
> those who want to monitor the overall health of the community, address
> issues with cross-project specs, or participate in so many projects it
> makes little sense to spend time filtering.

Monday morning and the caffiene is just beginning to reach my brain,
but this seems counter-intuitive to me.  I consider myself someone who
_does_ want to keep in touch with the majority of the community, and
breaking things into N additional mailing lists makes that harder, not
easier.  I _do_ include core team updates, mascots, social meetings in
that set of things to pay a little attention to here, especially
around summit/PTG/Forum/etc times.

I've seen a couple of descriptions of who this proposal is not
intended to address, who exactly is expected to benefit from more
mailing lists?

dt

--

Dean Troyer