[openstack-dev] [devstack] [tricircle] Problem in placement-api after installing Tricircle with DevStack

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Feb 15 12:46:12 UTC 2017

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017, Vega Cai wrote:

> After digging into the log files, we find the reason is that, the placement
> API Apache configuration file generated by DevStack doesn't grant necessary
> access right to the placement API bin folder. In the first node where
> Keystone is running, Apache configuration file for Keystone already grants
> access right to "/usr/local/bin" folder, and this folder happens to be the
> same folder placement API bin is located, so placement API works fine. But
> in the second node, Keystone is not enabled, so request sent to placement
> API is rejected and thus we fail to boot an instance.
>
> One temporary workaround is to manually edit placement API configuration
> file in the second node to add the following section:
>
> <Directory /usr/local/bin>
>    Require all granted
> </Directory>
>
> and restart Apache. We test and it works. Later we are going to submit a
> patch to DevStack for this problem.

Good catch and nice analysis. If you haven't already done so I'd
encourage you to create a bug (against devstack [1]) so that when you
submit your patch it's tracked against something.

While your fix is the right one as a stopgap, I suspect that over
the long run we're going to want to centralize some of the mod-wsgi
related configuration so that we are not duplicating the generic
bits between multiple services.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bugs
--
Chris Dent                 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯           https://anticdent.org/