[openstack-dev] [cinder] [nova] confusion on where nova_catalog_admin_info is used in cinder

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:56:08 UTC 2017

On 2/14/2017 8:48 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> OK so the NFS job would tickle it, but that might not be in the
> experimental queue for devstack (but it is in nova's experimental queue
> so we could hack this up to test it).
>
> I thought we were testing volume retype/migration now though? That calls
> swap volume in nova which then calls back to cinder to tell cinder when
> the swap is done. Or did the volume retype/migration test never land?

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/433685/ should test this out since nova
runs gate-tempest-dsvm-full-devstack-plugin-nfs-nv and
gate-tempest-dsvm-lvm-multibackend-ubuntu-xenial-nv in it's experimental
queue. That will test guest-assisted snapshots via the NFS job and
volume retype (volume swap call from cinder to nova) in the lvm
multibackend job.

Matt Riedemann