[openstack-dev] [tc][glance][glare][all] glance/glare/artifacts/images at the PTG

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Feb 13 16:13:00 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-13 18:23:19 +0300 (+0300), Mikhail Fedosin wrote:
[...]
> Almost every project works with some binary data and must store it
> somewhere, and almost always storage itself is not the part of the
> project's mission. This issue has often been neglected. For this reason
> there is no single recommended method for storing of binary data, which
> would have a unified public api and hide all the things of the internal
> storage infrastructure.
[...]

If you'll forgive the sarcasm, it sounds like you're proposing that
OpenStack components should be able to rely on the existence of a
standard service suitable for generalized storage and retrieval of
arbitrary blobs of data through an API. Our trademark
interoperability requirements may even guarantee the presence of one
already in any compliant deployment; I'll have to check... ;)
--
Jeremy Stanley