[openstack-dev] [gate][neutron][infra] tempest jobs timing out due to general sluggishness of the node?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Feb 10 22:48:56 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017, at 10:54 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> Oh nice, I haven't seen that. It does give (virtualized) CPU model
> types. I don't see a clear correlation between models and
> failures/test times though. We of course miss some more details, like
> flags being emulated, but I doubt it will give us a clue.

Yes, this will still be the virtualized CPU. Also the lack of cpu flag
info is a regression compared to the old method of collecting this data.
If we think that info could be useful somehow we should find a way to
add it back in. (Maybe just add back the cat /proc/cpuinfo step in
devstack-gate).

> It would be interesting to know the overcommit/system load for each
> hypervisor affected. But I assume we don't have access to that info,
> right?

Correct, with the exception of infracloud and OSIC (if we ask nicely) I
don't expect it will be very easy to get this sort of information from
our clouds.

For infracloud a random sample of a hypervisor shows that it has 24 real
cores. In the vanilla region we are limited to 126 VM  instances with
8vcpu each. We have ~41 hypervisors which is just over 3 VM instances
per hypervisor. 24realcpus/8vcpu = 3 VM instances without
oversubscribing. So we are just barely oversubscribing if at all.

Clark