[openstack-dev] Hierarchical quotas at the PTG?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 20:56:56 UTC 2017

Operators want hierarchical quotas [1]. Nova doesn't have them yet and
we've been hesitant to invest scarce developer resources in them since
we've heard that the implementation for hierarchical quotas in Cinder
has some issues. But it's unclear to some (at least me) what those
issues are.

Has anyone already planned on talking about hierarchical quotas at the
PTG, like the architecture work group?

I know there was a bunch of razzle dazzle before the Austin summit about
quotas, but I have no idea what any of that led to. Is there still a
group working on that and can provide some guidance here?

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2017-January/012450.html

Matt Riedemann