[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-1, 13-17 Feb

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Feb 9 19:03:38 UTC 2017

Focus
-----

We are in the release candidate phase of the cycle. All project
teams should be fixing last minute release-critical bugs and testing
the prepared release candidates for their deliverables.

Release Tasks
-------------

Please land translation patches as quickly as possible so we can
include them in any future release candidates.

If you have not already done so, submit the instructions for creating
stable/ocata branches for your deliverables.

As part of creating the stable/ocata branch, the proposal bot will
send changes to update the settings in the new branch to ensure
reviews are submitted to the right branch in gerrit, to update
reno's configuration to include the release notes for the ocata
series, and to update the constraints settings in the branch. Please
review and approve these changes as quickly as possible.

General Notes
-------------

We have branched devstack, grendade, and the requirements repositories.
We have a few more patches to land to configure jobs for those
repositories to ensure we don't have regressions between releases
(see https://review.openstack.org/#/c/427920 and the follow-up
patches).

After this release cycle I will be reviewing the list of cycle-based
projects that do not prepare releases and providing that information
to the TC for a discussion about whether those projects should be
considered inactive, and therefore should be removed from the
official list. All deliverables saw at least one release for Newton,
and I hope we have the same results for Ocata.

The deadline for documenting community wide goal completion artifacts
is the end of the cycle. Please update the Ocata goals page with
any information needed to understand how the goal affected your
project, and whether there is any work left to be done.

Important Dates