[openstack-dev] [tripleo][kolla][openstack-helm][kuryr] OpenStack on containers leaveraging kuryr

Pete Birley pete at port.direct
Thu Feb 9 17:56:54 UTC 2017

Hi Flavio,

I've been doing some work on packaging Kuryr for use with K8s as an
underlay for OpenStack on Kubernetes. When we met up in Brno the Harbor
project I showed you used Tony's old Raven Prototype to provide the network
isolation and segmentation in K8s. I've since begun to lay the groundwork
for OpenStack-Helm to support similar modes of operation, allowing both
service isolation and also combined networking between OpenStack and K8s,
where pods and VMs can co-exist on the same Neutron Networks.

I'm not sure I will have things fully functional within OpenStack-Helm by
the PTG, but it would be great to sit down and work out how we can ensure
that not only do we not end up replicating work needlessly, but also find
further opportunities to collaborate. I'll be in Atlanta all week, though I
think some of the OS-Helm and Kolla-K8s developers will be leaving on Wed,
would a particular day/time work best for you?

Cheers

Pete (portdirect)

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Flavio Percoco <flavio at redhat.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I was talking with Tony and he mentioned that he's recording a new demo for
> kuryr and, well, it'd be great to also use the containerized version of
> TripleO
> for the demo.
>
> His plan is to have this demo out by next week and that may be too tight
> for the
> containerized version of TripleO (it may be not, let's try). That said, I
> think
> it's still a good opportunity for us to sit down at the PTG and play with
> this a
> bit further.
>
> So, before we set a date and time for this, I wanted to extend the invite
> other folks and see if there's some interest. It be great to also have
> folks
> from Kolla and openstack-helm joining.
>
> Looking forward to hearing ideas and hacking with y'all,
> Flavio
>
> --
> @flaper87
> Flavio Percoco

[image: Port.direct] <https://port.direct>

Pete Birley / Director
pete at port.direct / +447446862551

*PORT.*DIRECT
United Kingdom
https://port.direct

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the
taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited.
E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they
can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates
with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. Port.direct is
not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any
responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion
and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.