[openstack-dev] [api-wg] restarting service-types-authority / service catalog work

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:26:36 UTC 2017

> It's a new year, and in anticipation of having a productive time in
> Atlanta around the service catalog, I refreshed the set of patches from
> last year around starting to stub out a service-types-authority -
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/286089/
>
> The proposes in 4 base types that are pretty non controversial. 2 other
> of the base iaas services aren't in that list yet because of 2 issues.
>
> Neutron / network - there is a discrepancy between the common use of
> 'network' as the service type, and 'networking' in the api ref url. Is
> there a reason for that difference? In the other services in the list
> the service-type and the url name for the api-ref are the same, which
> leads to less user confusion about which is the correct term.

Sorry for late.

I introduced 'networking' for the api ref url.
It is just because the official API name is the networking API
and the project name of neutron is OpenStack Networking.

I am not sure which is better 'network' and 'networking' for these cases,
but I agree it is confusing to use both keywords for neutron.
I don't have a strong opinion on the choice,
but if I must choose either, 'network' looks simpler to me.

It would be nice if we have an agreement on what term should be used
for all service-type, URL and others (if any).

Akihiro