[openstack-dev] [infra] [gate] [all] openstack services footprint lead to oom-kill in the gate

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 2 18:28:22 UTC 2017

On 2017-02-02 04:27:51 +0000 (+0000), Dolph Mathews wrote:
> What made most services jump +20% between mitaka and newton? Maybe there is
> a common cause that we can tackle.
[...]

Almost hesitant to suggest this one but since we primarily use
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS for stable/mitaka jobs and 16.04 LTS for later
branches, could bloat in a newer release of the Python 2.7
interpreter there (or something even lower-level still like glibc)
be a contributing factor? I agree it's more likely bloat in some
commonly-used module (possibly even one developed outside our
community), but potential system-level overhead probably should also
get some investigation.
--
Jeremy Stanley