[openstack-dev] [ffe][requirements][gnocchi][rally][mistral] upper-constraint gnocchiclient 3.0.0

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Feb 1 00:37:13 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 09:31:44PM +0000, gordon chung wrote:

> On 31/01/17 04:09 PM, Matthew Thode wrote:
> > So, to summarize, new server doesn't work with old client.  Will this
> > require a global requirements update as well (seems like it)?
>
> i probably shouldve just typed that ^
>

> > It will cause a knock-ons for ceilometer, cloudkitty, gnocchi and
> > mistral at least.  We could get the UC bump in I think, but will need to
> > talk about the GR update, if it's requested.
>
> someone can correct me, but the new client should work with old server
> code because it actually does same magic on server, just that the client
> also had the magic (which it arguably should've)

So from a requirements POV we have the following consumers

Package      : gnocchiclient [gnocchiclient>=2.7.0] (used by 8 projects)
Also affects : 8 projects
openstack/aodh                                []
openstack/ceilometer                          [tc:approved-release]
openstack/cloudkitty                          []
openstack/deb-aodh                            []
openstack/deb-ceilometer                      []
openstack/deb-rally                           []
openstack/mistral                             []
openstack/rally                               []

Ignoring openstack/deb-* and checking for constratints support in the remaining projects:

$ for prj in openstack/aodh openstack/ceilometer openstack/cloudkitty openstack/mistral openstack/rally ; do (cd $prj; git remote update >/dev/null 2>&1; git grep -i upper-constraints.txt origin/master -- tox.ini ) ; done
/Users/tony8129/projects/openstack/openstack/aodh
origin/master:tox.ini:8:# NOTE(tonyb): This project has chosen to *NOT* consume upper-constraints.txt
/Users/tony8129/projects/openstack/openstack/ceilometer
origin/master:tox.ini:9:# NOTE(tonyb): This project has chosen to *NOT* consume upper-constraints.txt
/Users/tony8129/projects/openstack/openstack/cloudkitty
/Users/tony8129/projects/openstack/openstack/mistral
origin/master:tox.ini:8:install_command = {toxinidir}/tools/tox_install.sh {env:UPPER_CONSTRAINTS_FILE:https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/plain/upper-constraints.txt} {opts} {packages}
/Users/tony8129/projects/openstack/openstack/rally
origin/master:tox.ini:18:install_command = pip install -c https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/plain/upper-constraints.txt -U {opts} {packages}

I'm fine with this *if* mistal and rally are fine with it as they're the only
consumers affected by the review in question (as opposed to the release)

I've added the appropriate PTLs

Yours Tony.