[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Removal of tempest plugin code from openstack/ironic & openstack/ironic-inspector

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 20:37:13 UTC 2017

> And actually I almost think the holiday time is the best time since the
> fewest number of people are going to care. But maybe I'm wrong. I do wonder
> if nobody is around to watch a 3rd Party CI for two weeks, how likely is it
> to still be working when they get back?
>
> I'm not vehemently opposed to delaying, but somewhat opposed.
>
> Thoughts?

I agree and disagree of course. :)  Arkady raises a good point about
availability of people, and the simple fact is they will be broken if
nobody is around to fix them. That being said, the true measurement is
going to be if third party CI shows the commits to remove the folders
as passing. If they pass, ideally we should proceed with removing them
sooner rather than later to avoid confusion. If they break after the
removal of the folders but still ultimately due to the removal of the
folders, we have found a bug that will need to be corrected, and we
can always temporarily revert to restore the folders in the mean time
until people return.