[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone weekly update - Week of 11 December 2017

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 20:10:02 UTC 2017

Hey all,

Things were pretty light this week since people are preparing for the
holidays. Colleen is out this week, so I'm going to take a stab at the
weekly report.

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 11 December 2017

## News

### Specification Freeze

December 8th was specification freeze for keystone. To recap, we've
accepted application credentials [0], system scope [1], and project tags
[2] for Queens. A specification freeze exception was issued [3] for
unified limits [4], and the specification is pending final reviews.
Please weigh in on the specification if you have any outstanding concerns.

[0] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/queens/application-credentials.html
[1] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/queens/system-scope.html
[2] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/queens/project-tags.html
[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-December/125331.html
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/455709/

### Feature work

We do have a lot of things in flight feature-wise that need reviews.
Some patches aren't passing tests just yet, but early feedback is important:
  System scope: https://goo.gl/HPFHs8
  Application credentials: https://goo.gl/usx52i
  Unified limits: https://goo.gl/vc8QLu

The project tag implementation is only waiting on a couple client
patches, which are getting really close (https://goo.gl/oTskBE ).
Otherwise there are a bunch of patches that are passing and need
reviews. More on that below.

### PTG Registration

Just a reminder that registration is open for the PTG in
Dublin: https://www.openstack.org/ptg/

The keystone team will start diving into planning sessions for the PTG
right after New Years. You can expect to see more information about
keystone's schedule then.

## Open Specs

Search query: https://goo.gl/pc8cCf

As mentioned above, unified limits is the only specification pending
review for Queens. There has been some good discussion on a revived
specification for  user specified project IDs [5]. Given where we are in
the release, this will likely be something we pursue for Rocky, but
getting early feedback is important and we should continue to have
discussion on the topic. Thanks to the folks from Orange for providing
use cases and details, which will be useful moving forward!

[5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/323499/

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://goo.gl/hdD9Kw

We merged 7 changes this week.

Of those were a couple patches to lazy load memcached libraries for
keystonemiddleware and some documentation fixes.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query:https://goo.gl/YiLt6o

There are 67 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no
negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots, so their authors are
waiting for feedback from reviewers. Please have a look at them.

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/queens/schedule.html

We haven't accepted anything spec-wise that doesn't have an
implementation up for review, but feature proposal freeze is next week.
Just a reminder that we are into Queens-3, so reviews on remaining
feature work are going to be critical. Don't hesitate to ask if you have
any questions about what needs reviews or if you have an interesting in
moving along any of those efforts.

## Shout-outs

Thanks to Gage, Tin, Nicolas, Jaewoo, Sam, and Rohan for all the work
they've done with project tags, which started coming to a head wrapping
up client changes this week.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the
etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter