[openstack-dev] [tripleo] TripleO CI end of sprint status

John Trowbridge trown at redhat.com
Fri Dec 15 18:14:40 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 5:04 AM, Arx Cruz <arxcruz at redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > The goal on this sprint was to enable into quickstart a way to reproduce
> > upstream jobs, in your personal RDO cloud tenant, making easy to
> developers
> > to debug and reproduce their code.
>
> This phrase confused some non-Red-Hat OpenStack contributors on
> #openstack-tc:
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%
> 23openstack-tc.2017-12-15.log.html#t2017-12-15T15:37:59
>
> 2 questions came up:
>
> 1) Do we need RDO Cloud access to reproduce TripleO CI jobs?
>
> I think the answer is no. What you need though is an OpenStack cloud,
> with the work that is being done here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/525743
>
> I'll let the TripleO CI team to confirm that, no, you don't need RDO
> Cloud access.

Correct, the reproducer script work does not require being run specifically
on RDO Cloud. Downloading images will be
a bit slower, since the images are hosted on the same infra as RDO Cloud.
However, the script simply creates the
resources nodepool would create on any OpenStack cloud, then runs the exact
script from CI.