[openstack-dev] [tripleo] containerized undercloud update

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 11:01:48 UTC 2017

On 11/30/17 10:36 PM, Wesley Hayutin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Just wanted to share some progress with the containerized undercloud work.
> Ian pushed some of the patches along and we now have a successful
> undercloud install with containers.
>
> The initial undercloud install works [1]
> The idempotency check failed where we reinstall the undercloud [2]
>
> Question: Do we expect the reinstallation to work at this point? Should
> the check be turned off?
>
> I will try it w/o the idempotency check, I suspect I will run into
> errors in a full run with an overcloud deployment.  I ran into issues

I've been deploying this way my dev envs, which is deployed-servers for
overcloud nodes, like external deployments with configs download. Feel
free to invite me for some brain storming as well :)

Yeah, and kudos! Well done! I'm happy to see undercloud containers
working better and getting adopted for CI/devs.

> weeks ago.  I suspect if we do hit something it will be CI related as
> Dan Price has been deploying the overcloud for a while now.  Dan I may
> need to review your latest doit.sh scripts to check for diffs in the CI.
>
> Thanks
>

> [1]
> http://logs.openstack.org/18/518118/6/check/tripleo-ci-centos-7-undercloud-oooq/73115d6/logs/undercloud/home/zuul/undercloud_install.log.txt.gz
> [2]