[openstack-dev] [all][elections][TC] TC Candidacy

John Davidge John.Davidge at rackspace.com
Wed Sep 28 11:24:48 UTC 2016

Hi Zane,

Thanks for pointing this out! My interpretation of the StackForge
Retirement page[1] was wrong on that point. I've updated the blog post to
reflect that (without removing the original interpretation).

The discussion about renaming git repos is a bit of a red herring, because
what we're really talking about is what it *means* to be in Stackforge vs.
OpenStack vs. OpenStack Family, not which git namespace a project should
live in. Apologies if I didn't make that clear.

Like many of us, I do my best to keep up with historical context, but when
there is so much contradictory information/opinion out there about what
OpenStack is/isn't was/wasn't it can be a struggle at times. The crux of
my proposal is aiming to solve that by not trying to be everything to
everyone under one tent - by defining sensible boundaries to separate the
different goals of the community.

All the best,

John

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Stackforge_Namespace_Retirement