[openstack-dev] [security] [salt] Removal of Security and OpenStackSalt project teams from the Big Tent

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Mon Sep 26 06:43:37 UTC 2016

Hiya,

On 24/09/2016 03:46, Mike Perez wrote:
> On 11:03 Sep 21, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>>

>> A separate mailing list just for “important announcements” would
>> need someone to decide what is “important”. It would also need
>> everyone to be subscribed, or we would have to cross-post to the
>> existing list. That’s why we use topic tags on the mailing list, so
>> that it is possible to filter messages based on what is important
>> to the reader, rather than the sender.
>
> This has came up in the past and I have suggested that people who
> can't spend that much time on the lists to refer to the Dev Digest at
> blog.openstack.org which mentioned the PTL elections being open.

Fwiw, I'd endorse Mike's comments about the Dev digest - it's an easily
digestible (sorry!) and concise summary of what's happening on
openstack-dev - I refer to it regularly myself.

Two other sources that come to mind for less detailed but topical
summaries of traffic are Jason Baker's summary on opensource.com [0] and
Lwood [1] which I put together each week.  Both flag upcoming Election
related topics pretty reliably and might suit some folk.

For what my $0.20 is worth I don't think splitting out into further
logistics or announcement oriented lists would be beneficial in the long
term.

Cheers,
Hugh

[0] https://opensource.com/business/16/9/openstack-news-september-26