[openstack-dev] [security] [salt] Removal of Security and OpenStackSalt project teams from the Big Tent

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Sep 21 15:56:24 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Filip Pytloun's message of 2016-09-21 14:58:52 +0200:
> Hello,
>
> it's definately our bad that we missed elections in OpenStackSalt
> project. Reason is similar to Rob's - we are active on different
> channels (mostly IRC as we keep regular meetings) and don't used to
> reading mailing lists with lots of generic topics (it would be good to
> have separate mailing list for such calls and critical topics or
> individual mails to project's core members).
>
> Our project is very active [1], trying to do things the Openstack way
> and I think it would be a pitty to remove it from Big Tent just because
> we missed mail and therefore our first PTL election.
>
> Of course I don't want to excuse our fault. In case it's not too late,
> we will try to be more active in mailing lists like openstack-dev and
> not miss such important events next time.
>
> [1] http://stackalytics.com/?module=openstacksalt-group

Seems like we need a bit added to this process which makes sure big tent
projects have their primary IRC channel identified, and a list of core
reviewer and meeting chair IRC nicks to ping when something urgent comes
up. This isn't just useful for elections, but is probably something the
VMT would appreciate as well, and likely anyone else who has an urgent
need to make contact with a team.

I think it might also be useful if we could make the meeting bot remind
teams of any pending actions they need to take such as elections upon
#startmeeting.

Seems like all of that could be automated.