[openstack-dev] [security] [salt] Removal of Security and OpenStackSalt project teams from the Big Tent

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Sep 24 01:06:53 UTC 2016

+1!  The security project adds tremendous value to OpenStack.

Regards
-steve

From: Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
Date: Friday, September 23, 2016 at 10:35 AM
To: openstack-dev <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [security] [salt] Removal of Security and OpenStackSalt project teams from the Big Tent

Excerpts from Rob C's message of 2016-09-23 17:46:46 +0100:
I wanted to provide a quick update from Security.
We had our weekly IRC meeting yesterday, dhellman was kind enough to attend
to help broker some of the discussion. In advance of the meeting I prepared
a blog post where I tried to articulate my position and where I think
things need to go next [1]. This was discussed at length during the IRC
meeting [2]. We discussed the option of becoming a WG or staying in the big
tent, this resulted in a vote, where the team all indicated their desire to
stay within the big tent.
My proposal for the future is outlined in some depth with [1] but the
summary is that we've identified the areas that we need to improve on in
order to be better members of the community, we want to stay within the
big-tent and for me to maintain leadership through this transformational
process with a view to having multiple candidates stand in the next
election.
Cheers
-Rob

Thanks, Rob. Based on the discussions yesterday I think the team has a
better understanding of the communication issues and I'm convinced that
everyone is committed to improving. I support keeping the team in the
tent.

Doug

[1]
https://openstack-security.github.io/organization/2016/09/22/maturing-the-security-project.html