[openstack-dev] [requirements][FFE][keystone][release] block keystonemiddleware 4.0.0

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 09:10:33 UTC 2016

Steve Martinelli <s.martinelli at gmail.com> wrote:

> A bug was recently filed against keystone [1]. As of the Newton release
> we depend on a class being public -- BaseAuthProtocol instead of
> _BaseAuthProtocol [2]. Which was introduced in 4.1.0 [3].
>
> The current requirement for keystonemiddleware is:
>   keystonemiddleware>=4.0.0,!=4.1.0,!=4.5.0
>
> Blocking 4.0.0 would logically make it:
>   keystonemiddleware>=4.2.0,!=4.5.0
>
> I've pushed a patch to the requirements repo for this change [4]. I'd
> like to know if blocking the lower value makes sense, I realize it's
> advertised, but we're up to 4.9.0 now.
>
> Unfortunately, many projects depend on keystonemiddleware, but (luckily
> ?) this should only be server side projects [5], most of which are going
> through their RC period now.

I suggest instead keystone closes the gap on their side, by falling back to
_BaseAuthProtocol class if public one is not present. No requirement
updates, no delay in rc1, just some time for keystone folks to be aware
that the private class in 4.0.+ series is to be considered kinda public for
their own usage.

Ihar