[openstack-dev] [release] PTL candidacy

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Sep 12 15:32:19 UTC 2016

I am announcing my candidacy for PTL for the Release Management team
for the Ocata release cycle [1].

During Newton we successfully split out the Requirements Management
team, which now has enough active members to maintain a healthy review
rate for requirements changes.  The team also made significant
progress in our automation goals during Newton, and I would like to
serve again to see that work through the next phase.

My goals for Ocata include automating stable branch creation through
reviews, as we did with tags; smoothing out a few rough edges in what
we've already implemented for automating tags and releases; and
continuing our documentation work to make the end-of-cycle process
more repeatable and reliable. I would also like for us to finish the
work in reno and pbr to support embedding the release notes build
information in our source distributions.

-- Doug Hellmann

[1] https://review.openstack.org/368924