[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Overriding internal_api network name

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 14:21:43 UTC 2016

Hi folks!

I'm looking into support for multiple overclouds with shared control
plane. I'm porting a downstream guide: https://review.openstack.org/368840.

However, this no longer works, probably because "internal_api" network
name is hardcoded in ServiceNetMapDefaults:
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/blob/dfe74b211267cde7a1da4e1fe9430127eda234c6/network/service_net_map.yaml#L14.
So deployment fails with

CREATE_FAILED resources.RedisVirtualIP: Property error:
resources.VipPort.properties.network: Error validating value
'internal_api': Unable to find network with name or id 'internal_api'

Is it a bug? Or is there another way to change the network name? I need
it to avoid overlap between networks from two overclouds. I'd prefer to
avoid overriding everything from ServiceNetMapDefaults in my network
environment file.

Thanks!