[openstack-dev] [requirements][FFE] Request to allow ceilometerclient 2.6.1 in upper-constraints for newton

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Sep 9 22:49:59 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 03:29:23PM -0400, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is FFE request to get ceilometerclient 2.6.1 into upper constraints.
> There is already a patch for this blocked by freeze[1].
>
> ceilometerclient 2.6.1 was cut 3 days after the freeze looks like and it
> includes various critical fixes such as[2]. Without this aodh logs fill up
> with following errors[3] and alarm creation fails.
>
> Please consider approving this for newton asap.

This is a u-c only change.  I'm a little concerned that we're skipping 2.6.0
but I understand how/why that happend.

python-ceilometerclient is only used by services:
---
Package      : python-ceilometerclient [python-ceilometerclient>=2.5.0] (used by 7 projects)
Included in  : 6 projects
openstack/congress                            [type:service]
openstack/heat                                [type:service]
openstack/horizon                             [type:service]
openstack/mistral                             [type:service]
openstack/vitrage                             [type:service]
openstack/watcher                             [type:service]
Also affects : 1 projects
openstack/kolla                               [release:cycle-trailing]
---

So Looks good to me.

Yours Tony.