[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-3, 12 - 16 Sept -- Release Candidate Deadline

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 9 11:40:41 UTC 2016

Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> Could you please link to email you're talking about? I can't find
> anything like that neither in my inbox nor on
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-August/author.html.

It was sent directly to PTLs and release liaisons in an effort to reach
them more certainly... Probably not the silver bullet either :)

For reference, here it is:

"""
During the upcoming Newton release candidate period, we'll use
"$project-release" Gerrit groups to control who can approve backports to
the pre-release stable/newton branch in addition to release managers.
For example, for Cinder deliverables, we'll use the "cinder-release" group.

Nothing really new here, but some groups are badly out of date and need
a membership update. You can check them at [1]. Ideally, to keep things
under control, that group should be the PTL (or release liaison), but
feel free to include any trusted individual helping with the release
candidate backporting process (as long as they are briefed with the
pre-release rules as described in [2]).

If your $project-release group is so outdated you can't update it
yourselves, you should be able to reach out to the infra team so that
they fix the group for you.

Thanks in advance,

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/
[2]