[openstack-dev] [tripleo] what's up in upgrades?

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 18:27:26 UTC 2016

What's up in upgrades?

1) Undercloud: Mitaka to Newton

We just approved a patch in openstack-infra/tripleo-ci that test
undercloud upgrades.
I don't think we should make it vote as for now it's quite
experimental. Though I'm wondering if we should move it to the check
pipeline as non-voting (currently in experimental queue).

This is a first iteration and if you plan to upgrade your undercloud,
you'll still have to do manual steps that we do in tripleo-ci. They
are described here:
https://github.com/openstack-infra/tripleo-ci/blob/41e8560cf3d313f2be69df64e4c95a3240dfa402/scripts/tripleo.sh#L554-L577

We need to decide where to put these bits: in tripleoclient? in
instack-undercloud? Let's talk about it.

2) Overcloud: Mitaka to Newton

matbu and myself are working together on a CI job that will test the
upgrade of an undercloud + overcloud from Mitaka to Newton.
Work is here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/364859 and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/323750/ (both patches are going to
merge together so we have one single patch for review).
The idea is to use multinode job for now as a first iteration, with
the simplest scenario possible so we can easily iterate later.

3) Overcloud: Newton to Newton
I'm working on a simple patch that would test updates from Newton to
Newton: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/351330/ like we had with OVB
jobs but this time using multinode.

Any feedback, help, is highly welcome.
--