[openstack-dev] [oslo] [telemetry] [requirements] [FFE] Oslo.db 4.13.2

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Sep 9 04:17:32 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 09:21:57AM -0500, Matthew Thode wrote:

> Ya that makes sense, the patch can be altered to just block 4.13.1,2
> (assuming 4.13.3 really does fix it)

I feel like we've gotten ourselves (well at least I'm confused) about what
we're trying to achieve here.

It seem to be the primary purpose is to get a release of oslo.db out that works
for everyone both requirements consumers and non-consumers.

That seems to be done by:
1. Release oslo.db (4.13.3)
    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/367482/
2. Bump upper-constraints to point to the new release
    Generated once the review above merges
    Once it is generated we can abandon: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/366298/
4. Update global-requirements to mark some oslo.db versions as bad
    I'll update https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365565 RSN
5. Re-Release library packages that get a new the restricted oslo.db
   requirement.

There is also another goal to unblock PyMysql 0.7.7 from global-requirements
and upper-constraints.txt

I don't see the need for this.  If distros were shipping 0.7.7 then maybe but
even then it's a risky change at this stage.

https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/dev-python/pymysql
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/devel:languages:python/python-PyMySQL
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-pymysql
https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/python-PyMySQL
http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/7Server/en/RHOS/SRPMS/python-PyMySQL-0.6.7-2.2.el7ost.src.rpm

The only really compelling reason for unblocking 0.7.7 *now* would be because
we can't do it after we branch[1] but if we leave it masked it just means that
distro packagers will know to skip it.

We should Abandon https://review.openstack.org/#/c/364541/

Yours Tony.

[1] As it has an implict bump in the minimum supported version of oslo.db