[openstack-dev] [all] governance proposal worth a visit: Write down OpenStack principles

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Sep 8 22:40:09 UTC 2016

On 08/09/16 09:13 AM, Chris Dent wrote:

> The truth, for me, is that I agree with most of the things in the
> document. What is problematic for me is that I know a lot of people
> who will not. Because of the ordering of the process and the
> presumption of the document they will simply choose to ignore it and
> carry on with whatever other important things they've got going on.

i read it... and did this ^. you know us so well.

it seems like a lot of the issues people have are because either the
tenet is ambiguous, the tenet is arguably untrue, and/or it's not clear
why we even need the tenet.

maybe if we want to progress on this, it'd be best to explain why we
even consider it necessary to write down the principle in the first
place. e.g we are writing principle x because it helps us solve problem
y. you'll probably get even more critical feedback when you do this but
if you do, it'll help affirm that you probably don't need to write this.

cheers,

--
gord