[openstack-dev] [nova] Next steps for resource providers work

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Sep 8 09:36:13 UTC 2016

On Wed, 7 Sep 2016, Sean Dague wrote:

> As a follow up here, I actually got to the bottom of why the old tests
> didn't work.

This is great, thank you.

I'm not quite clear on what the state of things is today. As I left
for the night last night there was some debate on changing the
representation of some resource collections, started by this
proposed change:

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/366888/

My comment there links back to the IRC discussion[1], the gist of
the question is: should be we using lists of dicts or dicts of dicts
when representing inventories (and because we want some level of
consistency allocations and usages). In some situations it is
obvious, in others not so much. Whatever we choose we need
consistency.

As far as I can tell from scanning the logs this wasn't resolved
last night, nor is it clear if it needs to be resolved for the
immediate concerns. Things are hard to track without regular updates
here.

I'm hoping we can use this thread and the etherpad where we are tracking
the placment-api/resource-tracker cleanups to figure out what's going on
and what needs to happen next.

     https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-next

That etherpad has links to pending reviews.

Sean, Dan, Jay: You have updates? Comments?

[1] Here is is again: http://p.anticdent.org/2f7K

--
Chris Dent               ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)        https://anticdent.org/