[openstack-dev] [third-party] [puppet] [infra] puppet-jenkins doesn't allow to pin version

Asselin, Ramy ramy.asselin at hpe.com
Wed Sep 7 16:05:10 UTC 2016

Adding [infra].

Simon proposed a patch to make it work.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/366803/1

-----Original Message-----
From: Evgeny Antyshev [mailto:eantyshev at virtuozzo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 2:22 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [third-party] [puppet] puppet-jenkins doesn't allow to pin version

Hello!

Last time I created Third-Party CI in new environment, I faced difficulties installing Jenkins by puppet-jenkins:

1) It really doesn't allow to pin Jenkins version, due to bug (or lack of functionality) in Jenkins infrastructure:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-92

Therefore, the change at https://review.openstack.org/354086 don't actually work.

There are 2 options to workaround this: install Jenkins package from *.deb by given link, which involves some possible issues with dependancies. Or to make it without Jenkins, using Zuul launcher in 3rd-party environment, has anybody tried that?

2) 3rd-party CI also needs https://review.openstack.org/334400 (to disable security policy preventing custom build parameters). But this solution won't be accepted, and there's no other yet.

Does anyone have opinion on this?

Thanks in advance!