[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Mistral transition status for RC1

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 14:24:24 UTC 2016

Hey,

This is just a quick update on the Mistral API transition. We are now at a
point where all the major CLI commands (node registration, introspection
and deployment) are being powered by mistral workflows.

We have an etherpad that is tracking all the reviews in quite a bit of
detail:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-mistral-api

I'd like to call out a few specific bugs that are important (and maybe
should be considered blockers):

- Remove the existing plan before deploying with `openstack overcloud
deploy`

This one is a blocker as it is a regression. For backwards compatibility,
this command can't care about existing plans and they shouldn't change it's
behavior - otherwise in theory deploying twice in a row could have a
different outcome than it would previously, before plans were stored.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1620932

- Remaining CLI logic

Some parameters are still set by the CLI, these wont be available to the
GUI and it will need to replicate the process.

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1621097
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1621099

- Plan CLI commands

Without these two commands it wont be possible to work with plans
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1616351
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1616015

I think that is everything, I am going to ping rbrady, jpeeler and dprince
to see if they have anything to add that I might have missed.

Thanks,
Dougal