[openstack-dev] [neutron][trunk] objects within transactions

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Mon Sep 5 14:45:40 UTC 2016

Hi,
It is unclear what our policy is with objects. My understanding is that an object should handle all of the database interaction. Is that not one of the benefits of the objects? I posted https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365459 and it has a number of interesting comments – the main is that drivers are using the PRECOMIT callbacks. Can someone please point out to where these are use. That would at least provide some justification for this being blocked.
Thanks
Gary