[openstack-dev] [Glare][Heat][Murano][Tosca] Review of artifact structure for specific projects in Glare

Kairat Kushaev kkushaev at mirantis.com
Mon Sep 5 13:18:28 UTC 2016

TL;DR: Heat, Murano, TOSCA folks please review artifact structure proposed
for Glare.

Hi all,
as you may know Glare is a project that provides binary artifacts for OS
cloud.
Glare allows developers to specify artifact structure that can be consumed
by other services like
Murano, Heat, TOSCA and others.
One of highest priorities for our project is migration app-catalog to Glare
v1. In order to do that we
prepared py-files that defines artifact types for different artifact
presented in app-catalog:
Heat Templates, TOSCA templates, Murano packages.
These artifact types define structure of the artifacts that can be consumed
from Openstack App Catalog. We assume that artifacts hold the same
structure when user deploys Glare locally. So in order to meet all
requirements for future Glare use we need a feedback from appropriate teams
on artifact structure (by artifact structure I mean list of attributes
specified for each artifact type).
It helps us to understand what we missed in artifact definition and address
all requirements that different project may have(so integration with glare
will be easier).

Here is references to patches where we define a structure:
Heat template and Heat environment(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365629/)
Murano Package(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365630/)
TOSCA template(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/365632/)

Best regards,