[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Centralizing some config options will break many stadium projects

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Fri Oct 28 15:19:10 UTC 2016

It appears though that from the code search that it's all just based on
unit tests, and overriding some configuration stuff.

Since a lot of these unit test classes inherit from Ml2PluginV2TestCase,
and it looks like there is a lot of copy & paste / cargo-cult that
occurred where the same line was copied across the stadium[1] to just
change some configuration before running unit tests, maybe we should
provide an attribute in Ml2PluginV2TestCase to get the oslo.config
instance so that overrides can be called?

This is assuming I grok the problem, I've only had one cup of coffee so
far....

[2]: http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=ml2_config.cfg.CONF.set_override&i=nope&files=&repos=

--
Sean M. Collins